at the Old Museum
presented by Queensland Youth Orchestras
Morning Music at the Old Museum features tuneful pieces specially chosen for mid-week listening in the Concert Hall of Brisbane’s historic Old Museum, now home to Queensland Youth Orchestras. Enjoy an hour or so of the finest music by the latest generation of brilliant young Queensland musicians.
Presenting some of the world’s favourite music of Mozart, Mendelssohn and more:
- Greta Hunter, flute, playing movements from Mozart’s Flute Concerto No.1 in G major (K313)
- Tom Riethmuller, violin, Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor Op. 64 1st movement
- Linley Chai, harp, Gliere’s Harp Concerto in E flat major Op. 74 3rd movement
- Jacob Seabrook, viola, Vieuxtemps’ Viola Sonata No. 1 in B flat major Op. 36 1st movement
- Claudia Leggett, French horn, Saint-Saens’ Morceau de Concert in F minor Op. 94
- with Julian Wade, piano
Entry is $8 at the door. Booking available online at oldmuseum.org.
Limited parking available at adjacent RNA Showground for $13 and further away at King Street Parking (entry Machinery Street).
By bus to Old Museum (Please confirm bus timetables):
Bus 370 from Chermside Shopping Centre Interchange depart 9.50 a.m., alight Stop 7 Bowen Bridge Road
Bus 375 from Bardon Simpson’s Road depart 9.22 a.m., alight Stop 7 Bowen Bridge Road
Bus 321 from Toombul Shopping Centre Interchange depart 9.30 a.m., alight Stop 10 Gregory Terrace.
Date & Time
Thursday 5 April
Doors to Theatre 10.00am
Foyer/Box office 10.00am
$8 General Admission