The Queensland Wind Orchestra welcomes you back to the Old Museum Building for their second concert of the 2018 Season: Innovations.
Conducted by David Law, Innovations contains seven works by some QWO favourites: John Mackey’s The Frozen Cathedral, James Barnes’ Lonely Beach (Normandy 1944), excerpts from John Williams’ Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and Eric Wilson and Ola Gjeilo’s Sanctus; as well as composers new to QWO: Peter Graham’s Harrison’s Dream, Bruce Broughton’s Concerto for Tuba (featuring Thomas Allely on Tuba), and our very own Samuel Dickenson’s Xenocide.
- BARNES – Lonely Beach (Normandy 1944)
- MACKEY – The Frozen Cathedral
- WILLIAMS trans. BULLA – Excerpts from Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- WILSON & GJEILO – Sanctus
- GRAHAM – Harrison’s Dream
- BROUGHTON – Concerto for Tuba featuring Thomas Allely
- DICKENSON – Xenocide
Date & Time
Sunday 24 June 2018
Doors 2.30 pm Foyer 2.00pm
Under 18s must attend with Parent/Guardian
all online sales incur a 2% cc fee