at the Old Museum
Presented by the Queensland Youth Orchestras
Morning Music at the Old Museum will feature programs of delightful pieces full of tuneful variety, specially chosen for mid-week, morning listening in the Concert Hall of Brisbane’s historic Old Museum, Bowen Hills. Enjoy an hour or so of music played and sung for you by the latest generation of brilliant young Queensland musicians in the ambience of a wonderful heritage building brought back to life as it should be.
Concert 3: 10.30 a.m. Thursday 5 October
The year’s final ccert featuring great music by outstanding new players including
- Angela Butler, violin, 1st movement of Mozart’s Violin Concerto No 5
- Joshua Jones, cello, music from Tchaikovsky’s Variations on a Rococo Theme
- Allyson Pong-Ying, violin, and Iris Do, viola, Mozart’s Duo for Violin and Viola
- Phillip Soalheira, bass trombone, 1st movement of Schnyder’s Sonata for Bass Trombone and Piano
- Brass quintet, with George Wilson & Timothy Reed trumpets, Benjamin Tomarchio French horn, Zhao Ming Liu trombone and Neale Connor tuba
Parking available at the adjacent RNA Showgrounds ($13).
By bus to Old Museum (Please confirm bus timetables):
- Bus 370 from Chermside Shopping Centre Interchange depart 9.50 a.m., alight Stop 7 Bowen Bridge Road
- Bus 375 from Bardon Simpson’s Road depart 9.22 a.m., alight Stop 7 Bowen Bridge Road
- Bus 321 from Toombul Shopping Centre Interchange depart 9.30 a.m., alight Stop 10 Gregory Terrace.
Date & Time
Thursday 5 October
Doors to Theatre 10.00am
Foyer/Box office 9.30am
Ticket prices $7.00
all online sales incur a 2% cc fee